Bima is a mobile micro-insurance provider in Sri Lanka, and runs several live micro-insurance products, including a unique personal accident product and hospital support plan together with Dialog Axiata, Sri Lanka’s largest telecoms operator.
Bima is looking to implement internal operational improvement initiatives to improve current sales and operations. Bima is also looking to implement new products and new partnership models in Sri Lanka. The General Manager will be tasked to either independently manage some of these new or ongoing projects, or work as part of a team on these initiatives. The General Manager may also work on general management or administration matters related to the micro-insurance operation.
– Proactively ideate, test, and execute potential innovation and improvement initiatives in marketing, sales and distribution, and operations
– Identify new opportunities in business development (new products, new partnerships)
– Manage the implementation of new or ongoing initiatives, either as Project Manager or as key member of project team including expatriate or local team members
– Assist Country Manager in managing schedules, budgets, financials, and overall company organization
Who we are looking for:
– An energetic, humble and hard-working individual who is a quick learner
– An entrepreneurial mind-set willing to work in a dynamic start-up environment
– At least 3 – 4 years of working experience
– Strong project management and communication skills required
– Consulting or other project management experience is a plus
– Experience in emerging markets or Asian markets preferred
– Knowledge of mobile telecommunications, insurance, or other financial services ideal, but not necessary
– Occasional travel required within Sri Lanka, and within the Asia region, but no more than 1 – 2x a quarter
//Competitive salary to be determined during the recruiting process//