– Obtain Development Calendar/inspiration from customer and work closely with the sourcing team, in order to develop a collection of styles.
– Conduct development meetings (with representatives from relevant teams) in order to ensure feasibility of style and availability of raw materials for sampling.
– Negotiate costs with suppliers and relevant parties in order to ensure competitive costing are provided to the Customer, thereby generating new orders to the business unit.
– Follow up on the sampling process to obtain Customer approvals in a timely and effective manner.
– Work with suppliers and planners to reserve production capacity and confirm time and action plan once the order projection is sent.
– Follow up in order to make sure lab dip approval is given for the fabrics and trims (DTM) and garment testing approvals are obtained.
– Ensure accurate system costing runs are carried out as per the stipulated deadlines prior to the PP meeting.
– Conduct pre production meetings in order to inform the factory of the order and provide necessary information.
– Conduct Style hand over meeting with Production and Sourcing merchandisers in order to brief on the costing for the style, delivery details and deadlines, and other information confirmed with the buyer for necessary action whilst also following up on same.
– Build and maintain effective business relationships with all business partners in order to develop and retain the image of the organization.
– A Degree/ Diploma in Clothing Technology or similar field.
– 2 to 3 years of merchandising and development experience which includes costing, garment development, sampling and material sourcing.
– Good Knowledge in MS office packages and email.
– Sound communication skills.
– Strong Negotiation and Analytical skills.